Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Friday, May 22, 2009

Water fun!




At the end of the season last year we bought this inflatable frog pool. You can hook the hose up to it so that it sprays water into the pool like a sprinkler. The other day I decided that it was warm enough to try it out for the first time. I pulled it out of the box and started huffing and puffing! Almost 90 minutes later it was as inflated as it was going to get! Reese had been playing outside while I did this and occassionally came up to me to pound on the frog, which didn't make things go any faster! We went inside and put on our swimsuits and she was really excited. Once appropriately dressed, I plug the hose into it and turned on the water. She tentatively walked up to it and got sprayed a little. She immediately ran away and stood there saying "I no like it!" I turned off the water and she approached again. Not enough water had collected to play in it, so I unhooked the hose and filled the pool with a little water. Splashing in the inch of water kept her busy for about 10 minutes, just long enough for me to snap a picture or two! At least now it is blown up and will be easier to use in the future.

No comments: