Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, May 4, 2009

Nap time

When I was working and Reese was in daycare I did not realize how important nap time was. On the weekends when I actually got to spend time with her I looked at it as an inconvenience to have to go home or try to lay her down for a nap wherever we happened to be. I also saw it as a waste of the very little time that I got to see her. Now that I am home with her all day I realize how necessary that time is for the both of us. Last week she was sleeping about three hours a day! It was the best! I almost didn't know what to do with myself for those three hours! But there was plenty of laundry, cleaning and work to do around the house. I actually began to think that if I could get her to sleep for 5 hours I could maybe even catch up on my scrapbooking or maybe read a book!

No comments: