Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary????!

Our plan for celebrating our anniversary tonight was pretty low key. Randy was going to come home from work early so that we could run a few errands before meeting some friends and their kids at the park to catch up while the kids entertained themselves. Randy did come home a little early, but that is the only part of the evening that went according to plan. He asked if I cared if he went out for drinks with a co-worker and I just walked away from him and went to play with Reese. Eventually he figured out that I was mad and came to ask what was wrong. I explained to him that I was hurt that he wanted to spend the night with this guy and blow off our plans. He apologized and we packed the kids up to run errands. We went to a local car dealership to test drive a car because he is determined to get us a newer car. We test drove the car and then began a long process of trying to find a car that would fit into the price range we are willing to go with. After over an hour of entertaining both kids, it was time to get going to meet my friends at the park. I informed Randy and he got mad at me, saying that he couldn't just leave in the middle of this deal. I told him that I would take him to his car so that I could get going with the kids. He told the salesman he would be back and we went to get his car. We fought the whole way and for some reason he decided to go with me to the park. As we were running late, he was going to stop and get us something for dinner while I went ahead to the park. We arrived at the park and none of my friends were there yet, so I fed Aidan and watched Reese play. Randy arrived and we started eating. Reese was more interested in playing so we were watching her while we ate and I was holding Aidan. She climbed up on a jungle gym, which made me nervous, so I got up and walked over closer. As I was walking over she climbed up again and fell down about 5 feet. She immediately started crying and I tried to pick her up while .holding Aidan. I couldn't get her and was afraid she had broken something. Randy got there and picked her up. After a quick lookover she seemed ok, just a little scared. We immediately packed up the cars and headed home, fighting the whole way. On the way I passed a girlfriend and called to tell her we would not be there due to the accident (this was 40 minutes after we were to have met and nobody was there yet!) We went home and thoroughly checked her over and she seemed to be fine, just shaken. We got her to eat and walk around a little bit and she was back to herself before long. Since she was doing ok we decided to go out to get our groceries for the week. What a great way to celebrate our 5th Anniversary! I can wait a lot longer for the next milestone anniversary to come!

No comments: