Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Health Scare

Randy has had gastrointestinal problems since I met him. The very first time I cooked him dinner I fried the hamburger for the spagetti. This put him in the bathroom for the remainder of the night (his mom boils hamburger, something I had never heard of but learned to do!) In the past year he has gotten glasses and started taking medications for high blood pressure and gout. In the past week he has started drinking constantly and urinating more frequently so he called his doctor and went in for a blood test. Today they called him back and only said that they need to see him tomorrow! They have tested him for diabetes before and determined that he was pre-diabetic. I am certain that they will tell us that he is now diabetic. Whether or not that is the case, we are both going on a serious diet. A family friend recently died in a car accident. He was 32 with an 11 week old baby, that is the same age as Aidan! I can't imagine losing Randy in a tragic accident like that, we definitely will not lose him to a preventable disease.

No comments: