Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bath time as punishment?


Reeses' wild hair to match her wild pants!
Ever since she was a baby, my daughter has loved bathtime until it comes time to actually clean up and wash her hair. She will sit in the tub and play until she is absolutely pruny, but as soon as you try to wash her hair, she cries, screams, thrashes and just throws a fit. I don't remember ever getting soap in her eyes or any other traumatic bathtime event that would have made her react this way. I know that she loves the water because she has been swimming ever since she was just a few weeks old. She will even go underwater in the pool without hesitation. I have tried everything from singing funny bathtime songs, bathing with her, transitioning to showers instead of baths, but nothing seems to work. I am getting to the point where I would rather shave her head than have to fight through one more bath. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate any ideas. I am hoping that once she allows me to wash her hair, it will lead to allowing me to brush and pull her hair back! I would love to doll her up, but most of the time she ends up running around with a disheveled looking mop, hair in her face and food all stuck in her hair!

No comments: