Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where did all the room go?

Before kids I had the cleanest car you have ever seen! I kept a pair of sunglasses and a couple of cd's in my car and that was it. You could have eaten off of the floor mats or any of the seats. Fast forward a few years and I traded in my sporty Alero for a mini van so that we would have plenty of room for kids and the stuff that comes along with them. I actually keep my back seats folded up in the floor to make plenty of room, and I use all of it. I keep a double stroller and a single stroller in the car because you never know which one might be more convenient to use. I would keep an umbrella stroller in there as well, but I don't own one because there is not any room for one! Randy throws his carseat in the back of my van whenever he will be having co-workers ride along with him. There are toys and extra blankets. I have a dvd player and dvd's to keep Reese entertained on the long trips back and forth to grandpa and grandma's house. I took cans back last night, but there were several garbage bags full of cans. I keep baggies on hand for garbage and dirty diapers or clothes. I threw a phone book in, which came in handy the other day when I had to find a dentisit while running errands in town! I always have things that I need to drop off to a family member, right now I have a box of duplicate kitchen appliances that I need to give to one of my younger brothers. My purse and diaper bag occupy any room left on the floor! The floor and seats are so dirty with food crumbs and dirt and leaves. I don't even remember the last time that I washed the van. It is totally unlike me to be so disorganized, but I think that it will be a long time until my car can be the relaxing, clutter free haven I remember!

No comments: