Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dads are oblivious!

This afternoon I packed a bag for the kids and I to go and meet Randy in Davenport so that I could go with him to the nutrionist tomorrow to find out more about his diabetic diet. I had fed Aidan and laid him down while I fed Reese and myself, packed the car (so much stuff for 1 night it looks like we could stay a week!), and cleaned the house (in case there was a showing since the house is still for sale) all in about 30 minutes. We were about halfway there when Randy called and told me to call him when we got close because he was out on the boat with some co-workers and wanted us to join them. I agreed and continued on my way. When we were about 30 minutes from our destination Aidan woke up very hungry and began crying. Soon after Reese woke up and joined in. There was really nowhere to stop and do anything with them, so I decided to drive to his parents and skip out on boating. Well Randy called and begged me to drive there and feed Aidan on the boat. As I pulled up to the dock, Randy was taking off in the boat with his co-workers family, leaving me to carry both Aidan and Reese (both of whom were still crying) and a huge bag overflowing with stuff for the kids. His other friends were there on the houseboat and helped to get me settled in with the kids. Randy returned and apologized, I'm sure he still didn't even know what he had done wrong! His friends wife got me some motrin for Reese which I had forgotten in the car. I asked Randy to give it to her and he proceeded to push the whole syringe into her mouth so that she spit it out all over herself. The whole night pretty much went like this. It ended with me starting out carrying everything back to the car, including both kids and having to ask Randy to help. Why is it that men have to be told what needs to be done. How can he not see me carrying everything while he makes his way to the car with absolutely nothing. How can he sit and eat while I feed Aidan and cut up all of Reese's food, wash her hands and clean up the floor while I try to eat before my food is completely cold. I don't know how someone so smart could be so oblivious about everything that I do!

No comments: