Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Reese!




I can't believe that it has been 2 years since Reese was born. It really seems like I was just pregnant with her! She has changed so much, especially in the last couple of months! I can't believe how much she is talking, how her looks have changes and how mature she seems at times. We had a perfect day for her party on Sunday. Though it gets crazier every year as more kids are added to our families, it is crazy in a good way!


We went in for her 2 year check up today and got proof of just how much she has grown. Though I knew she was pretty much wearing a size 3T and lots of people have mistaken her for being older than she really is, I was not expecting her to be off the charts. She was 36 inches tall and weighed 33.6 pounds! This is towards to top of the 90th percentile, where she has been since she was born. There is an old wives tale that says to double a child's height at 2 to see how tall they will be as an adult. If that is true, Reese should expect to grow to be 6 feet tall! I guess she may one day be supporting her father and I with her WNBA salary, that is as long as she got her fathers' athleticism instead of my klutziness! The doctor actually lectured me on making sure that I feed her something from all of the food groups, don't force her to finish her plate and don't reward or punish her with food, none of which I really do! She actually prefers fruits and vegetables to anything else, usually eats more than what I put on her plate without being asked and eats snacks twice daily, which I sometimes use as a reward. Though the doctor made me feel like I am making her fat, I think that she just comes by her size through genetics. I will be more vigilant about giving her healthy options because I do not want her to suffer through the childhood that I had!

No comments: