Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, June 22, 2009

It won't be like this for long....

There is a beautiful song by Darius Rucker called "It won't be like this for long" that has become my mantra. When things are going really well or just the opposite when things are difficult, I just remind myself that it won't be long and the kids will be all grown up and I will long for the simpler times. The moments where Reese gets in Aidan's face saying, "hi buddy!" and kissing him all over will fade into moments where they have a sibling rivalry. The moments where I have to fight Reese to take a bath will fade into moments where she will spend hours on end primping in her own bathroom for a dance or date. I really wish that I could have a videocamera in my head so that I could remember and playback all of these moments at any time.

No comments: