Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Beep! Beep!

While shopping tonight, I was walking on one side of the main aisle while Reese kind of wandered around the remaining space. I asked her to move closer to me and hold onto the cart. I was still asking her to get over when she came upon an older woman on her side of the aisle. Reese walked right up to her and said, "Beep, beep!" I say this all the time at home because one of the kids is always underfoot and in danger of being stepped on or tripped over. I was absolutely mortified and sure that the older woman wasvery angry at me and my rude daughter, though she said nothing. I held back my laugh, and reprimanded Reese for being so rude and we continued on our way. It is so hard not to laugh when she uses these phrases in the right context!

No comments: