Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Babies





Though we have had a boat for the past several years and have enjoyed using it, I think that this year will be the most fun yet! Reese loves the boat so much, she asks me everyday if we can go boating. One day, as I picked her up from her grammys we went outside into a dark sky full of storm clouds and winds whipping us in the face and she asked if we could go boating! Both of the kids absolutely love to play in the sand and water. This past Sunday Randy and his parents got the boat out into the water while the kids took an early nap. When they woke up around 1, I got them sunscreened and dressed and Randy met us at the dock to pick us up. We got to the beach and the kids were so busy playing that they forgot to eat. About 2 hours later, Reese complained that she was hungry and finally sat down long enough to eat the lunch I had packed. About that time, Aidan started getting crabby. I tried for 30-45 minutes to get him to lay down and get to sleep on the boat, but to no avail. Finally, I got him some ice which helped to cool him down and soothe his sore gums and he calmed down. We played a few hours longer and finally came in around 7pm. Both kids went straight into the tub to wash out all of the sand and river water. Aidan was so tired he went straight to bed without any supper. After dinner I sat down to watch tv and almost fell asleep on the couch. I had to force Reese to go to bed at 9:30 so that I could finally get to bed! It was an exhausting day, but so worth it!

No comments: