Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Teething?

Since birth, Aidan has been the most laid back child I have ever known. He has never been one to fuss for no reason, matter of fact, sometimes he doesn't fuss when he has reason to! He will let you know when he is ready for bed by getting a little crabby and whiny, but as soon as you set him in his crib, he snuggles into his blanket and lays down. In the morning or after naps, I will check on him in his crib and he will be sitting up and grinning at me. Who knows how long he has been awake because he is content to just sit there until I come in to get him.

Well, recently my laid back guy has been a lot more aggressive. He will throw his head around or slap at your face if he does not get what he wants. He sticks food in his mouth and chews it for a little while, then spits it out on the table. Tonight at dinner he just screamed and threw little hissy fits all through dinner. I am assuming that this change in behavior is due to teething or some other growing pains, though I do not feel any teeth in his gums. Whatever the cause in his change in behavior, I hope that I have my little boy back soon!

No comments: