Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Friday, April 30, 2010

I want you

I love being at home with the kids, but I am very thankful for the few hours that I get out of the house daily. Not only because it is good for me to have a break, but I think that it is also good for the kids to have some interaction with other kids. Luckily, my mother-in-law does daycare in her home and watches my kids daily while I am at work. Lately I have been debating whether or not to send Reese to preschool at 3 years old or keeping her home with me. After our conversation tonight I think that she needs to continue with that time away from me, even if just a few hours daily, or we could have some trouble when she starts school.

Reese: "Mommy, I missed you today when you were at work."

Me: "I missed you too honey."

Reese: "Mommy you need to take care of your kids."

Me: "That is why mommy takes you to grammy's because she will take care of you when mommy cannot."

Reese: "But I wanted you mommy."

No comments: