Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shots are fun!

I took Aidan back to the doctor tonight to have his ears rechecked. Since the ear infection was cleared, they went ahead with the vaccination that we originally had scheduled 2 weeks ago. He fought me as I laid him down on the table and exposed his leg for the nurse to give him the shot. He gave me a pained look and started to cry as the needle went in. When it was finished I gave him back his paper and pen to doodle on and carried him out to the car. His face was still red but he seemed to have forgotten all about the shot. As I was buckling him into his seat, he said,
"That was fun at the doctor mom."

Obviously it was a lot of fun, because as I tucked him into bed tonight he said, "I go back to the doctor?" Not sure if he really enjoys going to the doctor or if maybe he feels special having all of the attention on him and not having to share with his older sister!

No comments: