Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kind of a big deal!

As we were getting ready to leave the house this morning, Aidan asked if he could go to Pre-school. I began explaining to him that he was not old enough and that I would take him to Pre-school as soon as he was old enough. As I was trying to calm him down and divert his attention with all of the other fun things he would be doing today, Reese piped up with, "I am just more important!" Definitely not the words of encouragement that Aidan was needing!
He was so distracted by toys and friends when I dropped him off at Grammys' this morning that he didn't even give me a kiss goodbye. It was a totally different story when I returned a few hours later to drop off Reese. As soon as we walked in the door from Pre-School, Aidan came walking up to me, shoes in hand, asking, "I go to Pre-School mommy?"
The Pre-School teacher asked how old Aidan was at the open house we attended before school started. She informed us that they also have a 3 year old program. At the time I didn't think much of it, but now I am starting to think that we are going to have to sign him up if it can at all coordinate with the times that Reese is there. I really don't think that he can make it until February, let alone 2 more years!

No comments: