Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Perspective

After spending the past 10 weeks at home with the kids, I was at a point where I was actually kind of looking forward to going back to work next week. The bickering between the two kids has become almost constant. When they are not fighting, I am tripping over them while I try to do something because they are practically in my pockets. To say the least, I was getting frustrated. Today I had to go to work for a full day of registration (10 hours)! When I dropped the kids off at their grammy's, Aidan refused to get out of his carseat. He sat there and said, "No mommy, I stay here!" I unbuckled him and carried him into the house where he was kind of distracted by his cousins, but still clung to me and required extra kisses before I left.
When I arrived to pick them up, Aidan was waiting at the door, waving to me. As soon as I came in the door, both kids practically knocked me down in a huge bear hug. Aidan was so excited to show me what he had been playing with and both kids were talking a mile a minute. They were so excited to see me and I was equally excited to see them. Today made me realize that though I do love being at home with the kids, it is definitely good for all of us to have some time apart, whether that is in going to work or on a date with my husband.

No comments: