Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grammy Aunt Linda

While boating with Linda Sunday afternoon, Aidan kept saying that he was going to go to Grammy Aunt Linda's. I joked back that maybe Randy and I need to plan a date night so that he and Reese could go to Linda's for a visit.

Monday morning when he woke up, he immediately declared that he was going to go to Grammy Aunt Linda's. I explained to him that she was working and that mommy needed to take him to grammy's so that I could go to work.

When we got to grammy's later that morning he refused to get out of his carseat, "No I stay here, I not go to grammy's! I go to Linda's!"
I pulled him out of the car kicking and screaming and took him into the house. I tried to tell him that we couldn't go to Linda's because she was at work, but he was not having it. Finally, I took him into the toy room to distract him with toys. Thankfully it worked and he began playing trucks with another boy and temporarily forgot about Linda.

That is until we got home later that night. Though I was joking about asking Linda to watch the kids so that Randy and I could enjoy a night out, I think that we are going to have to do something so that Aidan can get some time with his favorite grammy aunt Linda, and it better be soon.

No comments: