Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TV changes

After letting the kids watch cartoons for about 2 hours after dinner, I switched to a program that my husband and I were interested in watching. Reese wanted us to switch back to watching cartoons and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry that you want to watch your shows, but I want to watch mine!" In the past we have let her go into our bedroom to watch tv by herself until bedtime, but now that she is staying up later, I don't want her to become a couch potato and spend all of her free time watching cartoons. Don't get me wrong, most of the time the tv is just playing in the background while the kids play with their toys, they are by no means glued to it! My plan was to watch less tv this summer, but it is nice to relax and spend time together watching tv in the evening after running all day. Though we may not watch less hours of tv, I plan to watch only 1 tv so that we are all together in one room and spending time together, rather than spreading out to separate corners and living totally separate lives.

No comments: