Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Friday, June 4, 2010

Dining Room Barber

Aidan has had his mop top for about the past 9 months. Though I love his hair long, I wanted to cut it for the summer so that it was cooler for him and easier for me! Since we recently went to get updated pictures of the kids and family and have nothing coming up for a couple of weeks I figured that it was the perfect time to cut his hair. Aidan Before: 15 month pictures
Last night he was sitting quietly at the table eating a snack and I snuck into the bathroom to grab the clippers. Although I tried to nonchalantly plug it in and set up my barber shop, Aidan noticed and got really quiet. I quickly moved his chair over, turned on the clippers and made a cut right down the middle of his head. He immediately started screaming and I just kept going. Randy ended up coming in as I was finishing up and guiding me to spots that I had missed and holding Aidan's head down so that I could get his neck. After finishing we undressed him and threw him into the tub (next time Aidan will only be wearing a diaper and we will relocate to the deck). He continued to scream and cry through his bath as I rinsed all of the stray hairs off. I didn't get to see how it actually turned out until I had dryed him off and dressed him for bed. Though I need to do some touching up on his neck and ears, it didn't turn out too bad! He looks absolutely adorable! Aidan After:
It is kind of funny how he looks so much more like my brother and his son now with his shorter hair, probably because they wear their hair in a similar style. I think that his long hair made his face look fuller and therefore made him look more like Randy.

No comments: