Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rough Day

Aidan just had one accident after another today, leaving him cut and bruised everywhere! This morning we were playing in Reese's room. I was laying on the bed and the kids were crawling all over me when aidan slipped off the edge of the bed and right onto the heater on the floor. You could literally see the outline of the edge of the heater on his lower back and scrapes along his back from the textured wall. Later this afternoon, we were playing on the deck. I took something into the house and just as I was coming back out he fell off of a chair he had climbed onto. He has a nice goose egg on his forehead from the fall. Finally, the kids were playing in the basement, while I was cleaning up upstairs. I heard a fight brewing and went to check it out, when Aidan screamed. I grabbed him up and sent Reese to sit on the steps before I noticed that he was bleeding from the side of his nose. Reese had thrown a toy at him and it hit him just right to notch out a piece of skin on the side of his nose! Considering all of the abuse he endured today, he really remained in good spirits, typical of his laid back, easy going nature.

No comments: