Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Petting Zoo

Over the weekend we went to the American Pickers Festival in LeClaire. I had read in the paper that there would be a petting zoo and I was excited to take the kids. When we arrived to the tent where Aunt Steffane was working the kids got a little restless. I left Randy with his family and the kids and I took off to explore. The petting zoo was only about a block away, so we wandered around the fence and watched the goats, ducks, pig, llama and other animals from afar. While we were standing outside watching Reese kept saying, "Mommy, I want in there!" Randy came over after a few minutes and I got a few dollars from him so that we could buy some food and go in. I got our cup of corn and Aidan and I followed Reese into the pen. Suprisingly, Reese just stood there! She would not feed or pet the animals, she was ready to go home. Aidan on the other hand kept chasing the animals and roughly petting them in the eyes! When he walked up and started shaking the fence, it was time to go! Though it was short lived, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: