Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Slippers

While shopping this weekend we happened to find some Lightning McQueen slippers perfect for Aidan. I had planned to buy them some for Christmas, but they did not make the cut as the kids usually run around the house in just their underwear. I did not see them actually using the slippers and could not justify spending $10 or more for slippers. The Lightning McQueen slippers were clearanced for less than $5 for the pair, so in the cart they went. Though we tried to find something similar for Reese, the store did not have anything in her size. She was absolutely devastated, but we promised that we would keep looking while we finished our shopping.
As luck would have it, while browsing the Target dollar section, I noticed a little pink pair of slippers with hearts on them. I grabbed up a pair and immediately checked them against Reese's foot to see if they would fit. She was ecstatic and would not allow me to put them in the cart, she had to hold them. We continued on browsing the store until we found my husband. Reese immediately held up her slippers and shouted, "Daddy, look what we found! They fit me and they were cheap!" An older gentleman that was walking up behind Randy about snorted trying to hold back his laughter, and he doesn't even know my husband and how his whole family accuses him of being a total cheapskate! I guess like father, like daughter!

No comments: