Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Aidanisms

One of Aidan's favorite expressions is, "Are you serious me kid?!" It is a mix of "Are you kidding me?" and "Seriously?", two of my favorite expressions when I am exasperated with something that the kids have done. Not only is it funny how he says it, but also the situations in which he uses it.

I purchased a train calendar and hung it in Aidan's room. Recently, he has been carrying his "calister" around and writing in it. When he goes to bed at night, he always asks where his "calister" is before getting tucked into bed.

Aidan's has been having trouble sleeping some nights. He wakes up 1-2 nights a week because of something scary that he has seen or heard during the night. One night it was really windy and a branch was rubbing against his window. I let him and Reese sleep downstairs on the pullout sofa that night because the wind was not going to let up and the noise would have continued to keep him up. Another night he saw "scaries" in his room. I laid in bed with him until he calmed down and before leaving, I picked all of the scaries up and kicked them out of the house. Finally, last night, he got upset because of a noise. I believe that he heard noises from Randy and I moving around downstairs, but never really determined what it was. The incidences are all so different, that I'm not sure what to do to help him feel safe. Hopefully, it is just a phase and he will grow out of it soon.

No comments: