Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, January 22, 2012

4 going on 15!

We celebrated Christmas with my family this past weekend. I'm not sure if it was the time spent with all of her girl cousins or the makeup kit that my mom gave her, but my little tomboy has become quite the girly girl! She begged to open the makeup kit the entire ride home from the party, an entire 90 minutes! As soon as we got home, we opened the kit and she ran to the bathroom to make herself pretty. About 10 minutes later she emerged with pink eyeshadow smeared across her eyes and eyebrows and glitter lipstick smeared all around her mouth.

She asked me if she looked pretty, to which I responded that she was pretty even without the makeup. She disappeared back into the bathroom for another hour, coming out only to ask me to paint her finger and toenails.
Just this morning, the girl who would never let me brush her hair, brought me several hair pretties and a brush and asked me to do her hair. I asked how she wanted it and she showed me where everything should go. She did not make a peep as I brushed her hair, parted it and put it up in two side ponytails. This was the end result.

So adorable, but she seriously needs to stop growing!

No comments: