Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Success!

Well, after 7 days on my new diet, I am down 10 pounds and feeling great! I am following the South Beach diet and have cut all carbohydrates per the guidelines of the diet. Although I have not had any carbohydrates, I really am not craving them! I was so shocked as I thought that I would really miss my pasta, potatoes, chips and popcorn, but I feel so good that I want to keep going. In fact, there were several treats at work this week, including cookies and doughnuts, that I never would have walked by before and this week it was easy to say "no thanks!" and mean it. Before I started this diet, I always felt gassy and bloated. Since starting the diet, I have not had these feelings, and I even had my period this week! I used to come home from work and want to go to bed, now I get home and have plenty of energy to play with the kids and keep up on household chores. I did workout for 1/2 an hour 4 of the past 7 days, 5 if you count yardwork which I would have done anyways. So really I have not done anything extreme or had to work very hard. I recently went on a diet and was working out an hour a day and watching what I ate, Weight Watchers style, and did not come close to the same loss after several weeks! I am supposed to go without carbohydrates for another week and then slowly start adding in healthy ones. I know that there will be times when I want to have something that is not on my list, but I think that that is part of the lifestyle change. If I want this to be a lifestyle change, I have to make it something that I can live with. Having the occassional pasta salad or birthday cake should not derail me, if I allow myself a sensible portion during a special event or when I have a craving and get right back on track. Unfortunately, though my weight loss was great in pounds, the inches are not as telling, or where I would have wanted them! Here are my stats this week:
Weight: 230 (down 10)
Bust: 41 (down 3)
Waist: 44 (down 1)
Hips: 47 (down 1)
Thighs: 25 (up 1)
Arms: 14 (same)

No comments: