Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Boating

We recently picked up our new boat, a pontoon. Since picking it up and taking it out, the kids have wanted to do nothing but go boating!

We spent all day Saturday boating and playing at the beach. The kids had a blast!

Aidan enjoyed co-piloting the boat, while Reese stayed busy playing in the sand.

They were so tired when we got home, that they napped for a few hours. Unfortunately they woke up at 10pm and stayed up for a few hours watching tv. In order to prevent a repeat sleepless night, we decided that the kids would take a nap before going out on the boat. I put the kids down for a nap at home, while my husband and his family got the boat out. A few hours later, they were hoping that the kids would be up and ready to go out. I checked on Reese first and she was just waking up. She looked at me and immediately said, "I'm ready to go boating now mommy!" When I woke up Aidan a few minutes later, he could not get his shoes on fast enough!


I am so glad that our family has something that we enjoy doing together that keeps us active and spending quality time together.

No comments: