Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fancy Dinner`

Last night as we were playing outside, Reese asked if she could set the table for a "fancy dinner?" Me: "What is a fancy dinner?" Reese: "Well, we would need a knife, fork and spoon." Me: "Oh really. And you know how to set the table for a fancy dinner?" Reese: "Yep! What are we going to have for dinner? It needs to be something that we can use a knife." Me: "I was planning to have leftovers. We have lasagna and tacos and sandwiches." Reese: "Well we could use the knife to cut the tacos." Me: "Alright, maybe I will put out some candles too." We went inside awhile later and Reese set our fancy table while I reheated the leftovers. When she was finished setting the table, she helped Aidan get dressed in his fancy dinner attire (one of her dress up dresses). He obliged for awhile and then took it off, telling me that, "I can be fancy in my pants and shirt, mommy!" Reese also assigned us all roles during dinner: Randy was the beast, Aidan was "Chip" and I was to be the teapot. Of course, Reese was Belle. Though she tried to find her Belle costume for dinner, she couldn't find it, so she settled for a few accessories. After she assigned us all our part, I could only guess that her idea for the fancy dinner came from watching Beauty and the Beast today. The kids were very impressed when we sat down to our fancy dinner of leftovers with candles! I have to say that it did make our Monday night dinner just a little bit more special!

No comments: