Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beautiful

The other day while shopping at Target, I decided to browse the racks and see if I could find any new summer clothes. A couple of dresses jumped out at me and I went to the dressing room to try them on. I had the kids with me so I knew I was going to have to be quick or risk major chaos. I disrobed and tried on the first dress, a plain linen shift dress with some fabric flowers on the neckline. It was one of those dresses that you had to try on because on the hanger it did not look like much. Immediately after I got it on, my son looked up and said, "You look beautiful mommy!" My heart completely melted in my chest and I felt more beautiful than I have ever felt in my life. I finished trying on the clothes and proceeded to the checkout with everything that I had taken into the dressing room. This was a major feat in and of itself because I have a horrible time shopping for clothes and finding things that I like that also fit me well. Also Target can thank my son for my purchase that day because I usually have a bit more self control! Not that I couldn't afford the purchase or won't wear the clothes, but usually I would have picked my favorite rather than buying all three dresses that I tried on. I wore one of the dresses for my family's 4th of July party and got a lot of compliments, and each time somebody commented I smiled and thought of those 4 simple words my son uttered.

No comments: