Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Picture Perfect....Not Quite

My husband and I are leaving for a four day kid free vacation to his brother's wedding in Jamaica. As I always do when we leave on vacation, I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I do this so that the only thing to do when we get home is to wash the clothes and put away anything that we took with us. This time it worked out that I had a commitment and my husband is taking the kids to their grandma's house to drop them off for the weekend. As soon as he left with the kids, I realized that the house looks exactly the way that I strive for it to look everyday. Everything is in it's place and cleaned up, a rare occassion with 2 children to say the least! Though everything looks picture perfect, as if ready for a magazine shoot, it does not feel perfect to me. It is missing the people that make this house my home, my husband and children.

No comments: