Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, June 4, 2012

Make room for baby

This pregnancy has been totally different from the other two in that I had both Aidan and Reese's room furnished and decorated within weeks of finding out what we were having. Since I do not know whether we are having a boy or a girl, and the baby will be sharing a room with Reese or Aidan, I have been unable to set up a room. Though I have been itching to finish off the kids rooms, it would not be practical, because baby will not even be in the room for several weeks. My plan is to keep the baby in a pack and play in our living room so that it will be close to our room, yet hopefully far enough away that Randy will still be able to get some sleep. Also, I do not want the baby to be sharing a room with one of the other kids and keeping them up all night or interrupting their much needed sleep. Hopefully by the end of summer, the baby will be sleeping well enough that we could then move TB into a crib in one of the other kids rooms upstairs. With that in mind, I got my pack and play out of storage and set it up in an empty corner in our living room. The pack and play is perfect because it is compact and movable. If I needed to move the baby into another room to nap while the kids and I are playing or watching tv in the living room, I could. I also love that my pack and play comes with a shallow bassinet, diaper changing table and diaper storage area. The diaper changing area flips to the side so that it is out of the way when not in use. The diaper storage area will also be nice for keeping all of the necessities handy and ready in one spot. We are officially ready for baby, now if only baby TB would finally make his or her appearance!

No comments: