Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, June 4, 2012

Awkward Conversations

During lunch Reese asked if the fruit salad we were eating would make her big and strong? I immediately answered, "Yes!" but was not prepared for her response! She said, "When I am big and strong, I can finally lift daddy's boners!" I about chocked on my fruit salad and then calmly asked her what she meant by "daddy's boners". It turns out that she was referencing a few dumbbells or hand weights that we have in the basement. I clarified what they were actually called, as speaking of the alternative (especially in public) could be a bit awkward! While discussing a magic show that Reese was planning, I overheard Aidan ask, "Are you going to make my balls disappear?" Though I knew that he was not referring to any part of his anatomy, that was all I could think of! I guess working with junior high aged kids is rubbing off on me and making me a bit immature!

No comments: