Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Get me out of here!

This past weekend we went to Dubuque for my nephew's baptism. Colton had woken up so we were taking turns holding him. Aidan was so excited and kept asking when it was his turn. Finally, his turn came around and he settled into a chair. I carefully placed Colton in his outstretched arms and continued to support his neck and head. Not even 5 seconds later, Aidan was pushing Colton out of his arms and trying to get out of the chair, saying "Get me out of here!" I don't know what came over him, but he very suddenly decided that he was done! This makes me wonder how he will be when his own little brother or sister joins us in just a few short months? That is one of the things that I am most excited about, seeing the kids reaction to their new sibling and watching how they interact together.

No comments: