Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Reese

Today my little princess turns 4!
We started the day by singing "Happy Birthday" and with 4 candles in her favorite sprinkle covered doughnut!


The morning and afternoon were pretty typical, preschool, lunch and naps. We went out to dinner at Happy Joe's, where Reese experienced the entire restaurant singing along to the horn honking and siren ringing version of Happy Birthday.

She ate the whole sundae by herself!
After dinner, we went to grammy and grampy's pool where Reese swam like a fish for nearly 2 hours. She was so tired from the days events that she willing went straight to bed as soon as we got home! We are far from finished celebrating her birthday though, as we are having a Little Mermaid themed birthday party with all of our extended family on Sunday.
It sounds so cliched, but I can't believe how fast time flies! I am amazed at what a beautiful, energetic, smart, caring, creative little person she has become. I can't wait to see what the rest of her life has in store for her, but really wish that it would all unfold just a bit slower. I am so blessed to call her my daughter!

No comments: