Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, January 10, 2011

Proud Momma

This past weekend I was going through the kids toys looking for things that they no longer play with to be donated, or broken toys to be thrown away. I came across an Aquadoodle, paper that you draw on with with a water pen. Eventually the water dries and the paper is a clean slate for drawing on again. Reese has used it a handful of times, but I didn't think she would miss it, so I set it aside to put in my car and take to the special education classroom that I work in. Reese saw the Aquadoodle sitting out and asked me what it was doing there. I replied that I was taking it to my kids at work for them to play with. She immediately responded, "No, I want to play with it," and she promptly took it over to the table and began drawing. I got back to work at cleaning house and a few minutes later Reese approached me with the paper. She said, "Here mom. You can take this to the kids at your work. I think they will like it." My heart absolutely melted in a puddle on the floor and I grabbed Reese up in a big hug. I told her that the kids would definitely love it and take good care of it for her. This incident gave me hope that someday she and her brother would learn to share their toys and play nicely together.

No comments: