Parenting Story

Parenting Story

Monday, August 3, 2009

Are we happier?

It has been a week and a half since we moved in with my in-laws and things are going pretty well. The greatest perk of moving in with grandma is that Reese sleeps like a champ at her house. I'm not sure if she was getting up in the middle of the night and waking up so early in the morning because she fell out of her big girl bed and thought she should get up or what. She is back to sleeping at a crib here and she sleeps all the way through the night. She also takes a minimum 3 hour nap in the afternoon. She is like a totally different kid! Because she is not tired she is so much less whiny and fun to be around when she is awake! Randy and I were discussing this and he thought that maybe she is happier because we are happier. It is true that the fighting between the two of us has decreased, but I believe that most of that was due to the stress of moving. Our fighting has also decreased because I retreat somewhere out of the way rather than argue with him in front of his family. Anyone that knows me knows that this will not work out for too long because eventually I will get totally fed up and just pick up and take off with the kids or something even more drastic! I need to have a serious discussion with him about my expectations of there is going to be some major drama here soon!

No comments: